tirsdag 2. februar 2010

«Coraline» nominated for Best Animated

«Coraline» is getting a Oscar, or at least the Neil Gaiman movie have been nominated for the upcoming Oscar. This have been my write-about-Neil-Gaiman-week, and I'll end it with this blog about the nomination.

Watch the trailer here.

Just a few minutes ago my favorite animated movie of the year, «Coraline», got nominated to the category Best Aminated Movie. Of course «Coraline» have to beat the popular animated «Up», and several other. One is Roald Dahls «Fantastic Mr. Fox». «Up» beat Neil Gaimans story about Coralines adventures in the Globes. Lets not hope that the history repeat itself.

I will tell a little story about when my daughter, Maria, and I saw the movie together. I was uncertain if this was a movie for her, but I remembered Neils own words (or something like) «its good to get scared.» In his book «M is for Magic» he writes in his foreword that he often got scared when he was a child.

So i decided that Maria could see the movie with me, and hopefully have a good and healthy sceary time.

I couldn't have hit jack pot better.

She saw the whole movie, and she didn't say a world during the entire film. And she didn't say a word after the film. Actually she didn't say a word until she was in bed.

Then she said something - loud. Maria refused to sleep with the door closed for three weeks, and she still talks about the button eyes and the Other Mother. She was scared allright, and now she have this love/hate relationship to the movie. The cover is in the livingroom, and every time she see it, she turns to me and say:

«Maybe when I get older, we can see The Button Film again?»

Well. I loved the movie, and I'm gonna root for it the night of the Oscar. I hope you win, Neil Gaiman. I hope you win this time.

Best animationsmovie:
«Coraline»
«Fantastic Mr. Fox»
«Princess and the Frog»
«The Secret of Kells»
«Up»

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar